Excursion Sailboat needs
- up to 20 HOURS/WEEK TILL late October.
- Available shifts include:
– 8:00 pm – 12:15am, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 3:45pm – 8:00 pm
- Retail or direct sales experience.
- Hyannis residents with good local knowledge desirable.
- The successful applicant must be on time at all times, reliable, responsible, well dressed, polite and well spoken.
- Must have good personal references.
- Arranging own schedule in coordination with other ticket sellers.
- Soliciting passengers from the passersby at our Ocean St. Dock point of sale.
- Answer questions and maintain conversation with passersby about our boat, local attractions, etc.
- A thorough knowledge of content of catboat.com web site. is required.
- Completing sales including reservations check in, collection of cash, processing credit cards and updating passenger list. Smooth transition to next shift.
- Answering phone, phone selling, updating reservation list, giving directions,taking messages.
- Maintain accurate account of cash received. Accurately count and safeguard cash.
In addition the morning shift will open the boat, set out deck cushions, set up phone and credit card machine and raise the American flag.
The evening shift will add up the day’s receipts, reconcile the days cash and credit with the passenger list, Batch out the days credit, disconnect the phone and credit card machine and pass the days accounts the Captain.
WAGES & BENEFITS
- Will pay$9.00/hr during one month training/probationary period.
- Will pay $11/hr for ticket seller who works till end of the season, with the additional $2/hr payable at end of season.
- Wage is calculated on basis of actual time worked, check in to check out.
- Sellers will also be paid a sales incentive/commission of $1.00 for each adult ticket sold “cold” to passersby who had not previously heard of the Catboat.
- Ticket seller works as contract labor without direct supervision and arranges own schedule.
- Ticket seller may eat and drink from the galley, except lobster, Roast beef and alcohol.
- There are no medical, holiday, overtime or retirement benefits
Mail or email your completed application, your resume if you have one, and a short handwritten letter stating why you want this job and why you can excel at it To:
Capt. Marcus Sherman
Catboat Rides Inc.
Box 458, Hyannis Port, MA
– an Equal Opportunity Employer –