Excursion Sailboat needs:
EXPERIENCED LOCAL SAILORS
up to 40 hours/week till late October.
- Long term local resident. Hyannis sailor with good local knowledge and bartending/wait staff experience desirable.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Agility and stamina required.
- Enrollment in USDT random drug testing program required.
- Participate in safety drills
- The successful applicant must be on time at all times, reliable, dependable, responsible, well dressed, polite and well spoken.
- Must have good personal references.
ASSIST CAPTAIN IN SMOOTH OPERATION OF THE VESSEL
- Handling the mail sail and jib halyards, jib sheets, running back stays, dock lines, setting and releasing reefing lines and furling the main sail.
- Occasional relief of the helm
- Boat cleaning and closing at days end.
GENERAL SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE PASSENGERS
- Assist boarding and disembarkation
- Answer questions and maintain conversation with passengers about local attractions, the boat etc.
- Thorough knowledge of content of catboat.com web site.
- Participate in Red Cross CPR and First Aid training.
OPERATION OF THE GALLEY AND BAR
- Bartending or wait person experience desirable.
- Take and record passenger orders, prepare and serve drinks and light snacks
- Collect cash payments, balance galley accounts
- Keep coolers iced, track and maintain galley inventory
- Maintain cleanliness of galley and head.
WAGES & BENEFITS
- Will pay$10.00/hr during one month training/probationary period.
- Will pay $12/hr for crew who work till end of the season, with the additional $2/hr payable at end of season.
- Crew also receive $10 -$ 50/day cash tips directly from passengers
- Wage is calculated on basis of time underway plus 15 minutes/trip
- Crew may eat and drink from the galley, except lobster, Roast beef and alcohol.
- There are no medical, holiday, overtime or retirement benefits
Mail or email your completed application, your resume if you have one, and a short handwritten letter stating why you want this job and why you can excel at it to:
Capt. Marcus Sherman
Catboat Rides Inc.
Box 458, Hyannis Port, MA
– an Equal Opportunity Employer –