Excursion Sailboat needs
EXPERIENCED LOCAL CAPTAIN
To relieve Captain/owner up to 20 hours/week till late October.
- Current Masters license with sail endorsement.
- Hyannis sailor with good local knowledge desirable.
- Enrollment in USDT random drug testing program required. Agility and stamina required.
- The successful applicant must be on time at all times, reliable, responsible, well dressed, polite and well spoken.
- Must have good personal references.
- Execute smooth and safe operation of the vessel.
- Plan and navigate interesting routes and safe courses according to published schedule, traffic, weather and tides.
- Give “Hyannis Port speech”. Coordinate trip planning with ticket sellers.
- Man the helm. Handle the mail sheet, jib sheets, running back stays and stern dock lines.
- Set and release reefing lines and furl the main sail.
- Do daily boat inspection, including engine.
- Supervise first mate on foredeck, in galley and during boat cleaning and closing at days end.
- Collect and safe keep daily galley and ticket accounts.
- Liaison with Dock master as needed.
GENERAL SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE PASSENGERS
- Monitor passenger safety at all times.
- Assist boarding and disembarkation.
- Answer questions and maintain conversation with passengers about local attractions, the boat etc.
- Lead safety drills.
- Participate in Red Cross CPR and First Aid training.
WAGES & BENEFITS
- Will pay $12/hr during supervised training till ready for solo.
- Will pay$18.00/hr during one month solo/probationary period.
- Will pay $20/hr for captain who works till end of the season, with the additional $2/hr payable at end of season.
- Wage is calculated on basis of time underway plus 15 minutes/trip
- Captain may eat and drink from the galley, except lobster, roast beef and alcohol.
- Captain will also receive some cash tips directly from passengers
- There are no medical, holiday, overtime or retirement benefits.
Mail or email your completed application, your resume if you have one, and a short handwritten letter stating why you want this job and why you can excel at it to:
Capt. Marcus Sherman
Catboat Rides Inc.
Box 458 Hyannis Port, MA
– an Equal Opportunity Employer –